Monday, June 2, 2014

Elsa dress

Madelyn was insistent that all she wanted for her birthday was an Elsa dress from Frozen.
I got online to see what I could find.
Apparently I had been out of the merchandise loop, because there were NO more Elsa dresses to buy!
In fact, those that were lucky enough to get one when Disney had them in stock, were now selling them on Ebay for $200! 
$200 for a child's dress up dress???
That is insanity!
Actually I thought the $50 that Disney was originally charging was insane.
I don't spend $50 on a dress that she will actually wear out in public, why would I spend that on a dress-up dress??

But, since I was still left with a 5 year old desperately wanting an Elsa dress, I decided to pull out my machine (something I don't really do these days), and see what I could come up with.
Since I am not really a seamstress, I decided to start with a white leotard, and just add the skirt and bodice to it. 

 It ended up turning out not so bad!
And Madelyn loved it, and thought I was the best!
So, I call that a win-win!
 

Of course I couldn't just make one....Ashlyn wanted one too.
 I couldn't find a long sleeved white leotard in her size, so I ended up just using a long sleeve shirt instead. While it was easier to sew the skirt to that, I like the look of the leotard better.
Although for throwing them together in a few hours, I'm happy with them both!

In other news....
A fairy door appeared in our living room.
Now we have a proper entrance for all our fairy friends to come visit us!
Magic!

1 comment:

Melissa Lemon said...

I think you are amazing! Great job!